Well, I promise I’m not gonna ‘do a Gwyneth Paltrow Oscar acceptance speech’ on you(!)…but there definitely are a fair few people who need to be thanked for making my LOVE, GUDRUN ENSSLIN book signing at Kingston Waterstone’s yesterday such an enjoyable success.
It was busy, buzzy and non-stop – and, at the end of the signing, there was only one book needing to go back on the shelf. Perfect really! Better than being ‘out of stock’!
So, in no particular order – as all deserves thanks – I would like to say:
THANK YOU to…
- Kingston Waterstone’s for backing the event, setting up such an excellent display/signing table and looking after me so nicely on the day
- Kingston College Marketing Dept for securing local publicity
- My friend, fellow author and super designer, Poppet, for a fantastic book cover, poster and postcards (that all made such a positive difference to the event)
- Those many folk who braved the rainy weather and traffic gridlock on a grim and grey Saturday afternoon to pick up a signed copy in person and make my day in the process
- The kind lady (you know who you are!) who bought 8 signed copies for her book club!
- Those folk who bought copies in the week leading up to the signing (requiring fresh stock to be brought in)
- My excellent publicist who continues to make things happen for me like a magician pulling rabbits out of hats!
OK, so admittedly it was just a little bit Gwinnie(!) – but seriously folks: THANK YOU ALL! 🙂